Fruit and burnt potatoes

I'm not gonna lie... I'm in love! With kayaking!

I was driving today to belle isle where I can do one of my favorite things at one of my favorite places :) 

I was trying to decide today which I was gonna do, weed or kayak but to be honest I didn't want to make that choice. So I didn't. I can only go kayaking until 7 and I can pull weeds long After that... So I went kayaking, then put some potatoes on the stove and commenced weed pulling. I thought I was out there for 1/2 hour but apparently much longer because I burned the potatoes and all the water out. Yes. It happens 

And normally i don't burn things. I mean that year I took 18 credit hours, worked full time, did youth ministry and burned cookies. Stress. And things are a little stressful now... And maybe a little more than i want to admit. I burned potatoes :(

While I was out there I was thinking about all the places I don't know if i fit. I was thinking about how sometimes I just feel like this random puzzle piece that doesn't fit anywhere. Maybe that doesn't make sense to you but sometimes that's how I feel. And I feel like maybe even if there was the puzzle I'm like that piece in the sky that no one would realize was missing until it was all put together. So... Since I was out in the garden, I prayed... God change my heart, let me know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I'm in the middle so I won't see too much fruit right now, just give me peace.

I finished transplanting the 6 basil plants to a better spot after weeding and I went in the house to discover the burnt potatoes.

Now if you know me, you might have thought "oh she's gonna freak out, she loves potatoes" but instead I just simply said "oh no".  

And that my friends is fruit. Not a cuss word (that may have been a miracle), I didn't even think it. That's a peaceful heart condition. 

Thankful that i had leftovers for dinner and remade the potatoes. Thankful to have potatoes. 

Thanksgiving precedes the miracle. 

Fruit. 

“Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.”
Psalm 126:2-3 NIV


Comments