He has plans

When my daughter was about 4 someone asked me what my favorite age was... I said every age for different reasons.

I got one of those weird looks and she said "that's such a Margie answer". Lol I have no idea what that really meant. But I honestly meant it.

Maybe I was just a young dumb mom who was really broke, but I enjoyed my daughter even when times were really hard. 

And there were times that it was really hard. Moments when I was so paralyzed by fear, I almost couldn't function. Moments when I didn't know if there was enough to eat (and sometimes there wasn't) but I loved all those years for different reasons.

Sometimes I hear someone say "I don't want my baby to grow up" (and they could be any age). I think I might always make a deer in the headlight look.

No thanks. 

I love my "grown" daughter. She will always be my baby (sorry Pean). 

I love talking to her about her job, or meeting her to go kayaking... Or having a great dinner with her. 

I think about God's crazy plans... I am thankful and annoyed that I'm on a need to know basis about what He's got planned and apparently He doesn't think I need to know. 

I don't know why God does what He
Does. Why we grow, and why He takes some home too soon. Why He doesn't leave us in where we are doing great and then He moves us.

This I know... Even when I'm stuck in the middle... I'm always thankful... 

I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”
Jeremiah 29:11 MSG

Comments