Peace, love, and kindness

I have no idea what God has in store for me and sometimes it drive me completely batty and sometimes it brings me such peace :) how is that? My only answer is... Have you met me? I'm a fruit loop 

Lately I've noticed that my very big personality is shrinking. Big is a protection for me. I use my big personality to keep from getting hurt. 

I hate being hurt. I mean no one really likes it but I think that it has also over shadowed the best parts of me. The parts that love others. I didn't let people in so they couldn't hurt me, but that meant they couldn't love me either. And I couldn't love them to the fullest potential of love either.

I have found myself in uncharted territory and it's weird, and hard, and good too. I have found myself in the sweetest of spots. My heart filled with joy but also hurt.  

While in that hurt, I've had to work through some things... And that's never easy but the best fruit is at the top of the tree, closest to the Sun! 

This week we were studying "kindness". 

*Jesus asks "who is your neighbor?" 

*And kindness is the outward expression of love.

Those two points have been rolling around in my heart for the last couple days.

In order to love like Jesus, and to live out that love (kindness), I've got to be vulnerable. 

Yikes. That's scary.

The hardest things are always the scariest. And where I find the most peace in letting go. 

I'm learning to really live by loving more. 

Comments