Just one more

I always loved boating, I love the water. I love rainy days by the water, hot days by water, cooler days by the water.  

This spring I walked along the river walk and watched the ice break up and as fall has come upon us, I've spent more and more time on belle isle enjoying the weather change and the extra sunshine as it reflects off the water.

Today I thought about how fall boat rides were some of my favorite boat rides. People gave up using their boats after Labor Day but I feel like we raced the winter to the very end. Sometimes we'd get beautiful warm Indian summer days and sometimes cool days in October we'd put on winter coats as a challenge to Mother Nature.

Times on the boat were my favoritiest. Times spent with my dad... And friends. Soaking up the long days of summer.

Maybe that's why I start so soon and go on so long with outdoor activities, creating memories, spending time with God, talking, listening... Challenging... Myself and sometimes Him (glad He's gracious).

Stretching it out <3... Just one more...  Until I can't have anymore.


Comments