Worship when I don't always have the words

You'll come
(Hosea 6) 

I have decided I have resolved
To wait upon you Lord
My rock and redeemer shield, and reward
I'll wait upon you Lord

As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears

You'll come let your glory fall
As you respond to us
Spirit Rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again
You'll come.

We are not shaken we are not moved
We wait upon you Lord
Mighty deliverer triumph and truth
We wait upon you Lord

As surely as the sun will rise you'll come to us
Certain as your word endures.

Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed

This song has always had the dearest place in my heart. I have sung it over people, sang it at alive!, sang it out in my car. I love it.

This song reminds me that no matter what happens, He will come, just as He promised, and it reminds me to call on Him, to beckon, beg, and wait on Him.

Different parts of the song hit me at different times in different ways.


You'll come let your glory fall
As you respond to us
Spirit Rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again
You'll come.

I cannot even tell you how thirsty I was this weekend. Like the California desert waiting for one drop of rain. There were times when I just begged God, fill me up. And He did. He came like a mighty flood into my heart to fill it up to empty again.

The last two days I have served at Mbk (my brothers keeper) in Detroit. I make the meal! It's so great to be the one that draws them in (they are hungry) but others feed them with the most important stuff, the love of God.  A hunger they might not even realize they have.

I can't imagine going there this week without the fill up I got this Sunday. I needed rest and a Word from God. 

I'm so thankful, but thankful doesn't begin to describe it. 

This scripture has been feeding me all week!!

“Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.”
1 Peter 1:1-9 NIV
http://bible.com/111/1pe.1.1-9.niv

Comments