31 days of love - Better together

This morning I went for a walk. It was a beautiful day for a walk. I mean I could have walked a lot faster however I kept stopping to take pictures. 

I prayed for so many and for directions. I thought about the past summer and so much that it held. I thought about hot summer rain, and hot days when the garden was starved for water. I wondered what lessons would come from the garden because I know God, He's teaching me so much about relationship even more than task. That getting things done are so important but people, people are what really matter.

Today as I walked I looked at all the different trees and flowers and I thought... All the differences, they are better together. 

I thought of those really skinny trees that grow in sandy soil. All alone, they don't do much... They aren't strong enough to withstand the wind and storm, but together they are better.  They can stand together, provide shelter, and grow together.

We are better together. We weren't made to go it alone. That was the best lesson I learned from that garden. 

I loved this quote from this new book by Kara Tippetts called "just show up" which after 3 pages... I LOVE!!!

Friends. Community. It is the only way to know and be known. It's where we see our own humanity and frailty, our gifts and our weaknesses. When we show up for one another, we invade each other in love and become witnesses to the truth that trials and sickness and pain are not the whole story. There's more, so much more. We can remind one another that our lives are not a mistake. And most importantly, that we are loved with an everlasting love. ~Kara tippets #justshowup 

Comments