Write 31 - His great Love for us (and socks)

Yesterday I had one of the worst migraines I can remember having.  Not only did my head feel like it was going to gush out my ears while my head simultaneously cracked open and my left eye exploded... I couldn't get warm. 

My feet were so cold. I just felt like a big pile of frozen poop.

Let me tell you I was surrounded by friends in a beautiful house.  I had access to blankets! Socks! Medicine! A bed, a couch....  So as bad as I felt, I know it could have been so much worse! 

Even in the midst of my splitting headache, I was greatful.

I started thinking about so many people without socks. Maybe it's because I bought socks for homeless people instead of buying my friend a gift, well, I bought him a gift that was going to be given away. A pair of socks that I'll pray for my friend and his family and the receiver. 

But just imagine, it's getting cold... Winter is coming and it's only going to get colder.  Imagine cold feet. Seriously cold feet suck, and maybe I'm just super simple but when I put on a pair of warm new socks, for a minute all seems right in the world.

Even with a headache (I still have it!) I'm so thankful. I'm thankful for this weekend, I'm thankful for friends, and headaches subsiding, I'm thankful for warm socks, a place to go home to, a beautiful daughter who will be there, and I'm thankful for the Father's great Love for me.

“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.”
1 John 3:1 NIV

Comments