write31 - 31 days of love... in a song


Hillsong has always been one of my favorite Christian artists.  Their music has always taken my heart to a place that loved God and needed to express it but couldn’t find the words.

But there are times when I ride the struggle bus, I don’t believe the truth about what God says about me (I’m a Masterpiece!! Eph 2:10 NLT), or sometimes doing the right thing isn’t always easy, or maybe I don’t want to wait… or maybe I don’t want to be kind…  and I have a few go-to songs that remind me who I am, and who I want to be, and who God is to me (EVERYTHING).  Sometimes I have to listen to the songs more than once, but this song… it takes me to a place, a place when I remember.  And maybe I sing the chorus quietly the first time around but by the second time… I’m belting it out. 

You see I love Jesus, and He loves me.  But sometimes I forget how much (On both accounts) or maybe I’d rather do what’s easy, for just a second, but I know that when my heart is stirring, when its uncomfortable, worshipping Jesus through song, takes me to that place.  When I remember.

This song…  it takes me to a place, a Good Friday service, when we sang this song all the services, and each time, it was like this giant build up in my heart that just screamed it out. 

Man, I love Jesus, I just really do.

I’ll stand, my soul to You surrendered, because all I am is Yours, and that’s enough.



You stood before creation
Eternity in your hand
And You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand
You stood before my failure
And carried the cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart oh God
Completely to you

So I walk upon salvation
Your spirit alive in me
This life to declare your promise
My soul now to stand

So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart oh God
Completely to you

So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart oh God
Completely to you

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
So I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
So I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart oh God
Completely to you

Comments