God's timing

I want what I want and I want it now...

That has always kind of been my theme. Oh see that.... I wish it were mine. And I go make it happen. And a lot of times it doesn't work out...

Maybe it was always meant I be mine but I rushed it.

Lately I have been equating God's timing to roast chicken. I love roast chicken but there is a certain amount of time we must wait before we can eat it.  It's got to be prepared (all the "chicken business" cleaned out). And then cooked. 

If you don't take the time to clean it out... Well you're bound to get some grossness. 

If you don't cook it long enough...
Raw chicken

Both of those are gross!!

So, yes, I equate chicken to God and his timing. I cook that what I do and who I am.

When I see something I want but I know I should wait, I just say to myself... 

Raw chicken 

And then pray.

 

Comments