Happy Holidays

I read this Facebook about how "Christians" are up in arms because Starbucks took Christmas off their cups. 

I'd like to say something that is moderately offensive (so click the 'x' at the top of you are easily offended)...

As a Christian I'd like to say something to those of you who are offended by the "happy holidays" thing. You are not the center of the universe. I'd prefer that if you're going to "spout off" that you didn't say you're a Christian.

First of all the "holiday" season has
More than one holiday during it. 
Yes, there is Christmas, but there is thanksgiving, Hanukkah, kwanza, New Year's Day (otherwise known as my birthday)

You are offensive when you speak sternly about what you believe. Just say "merry Christmas" you can. You know why? Because it's what you believe and what you celebrate. 

Whatever holiday you celebrate I'm begging you... Choose to live love and don't be an butthole. (I warned you about being offensive - you kept reading)

In a hurry - take a breath
Having a hard day - count your blessings
Feeling like something is missing - give to someone else
Feeling crabby - be kind
Someone says "happy holidays, say merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Margie's birthday" whatever, just be nice. 

Don't drink Starbucks if you don't want to, invest your $5-7 in someone else, buy socks for the homeless, I don't know, buy someone a treat... I don't care just don't be offended, just love someone... Plus I heard their coffee isn't that great anyway (I don't know because I don't drink coffee)


Comments