Thankful for friendship - real friendship

 I said goodbye to 3 little boys who wrapped me around their hearts long before I ever met them. And their parents.

Let me tell you, I love those boys more than I could ever even tell you.  But their parents, they are the real deal when it comes to friends. It's been years of real friendship, and in that comes a lot of things. Sometimes it's getting the other persons drink... Sometimes it's serving together, sometimes saying hard things that make friendships stronger. And sometimes it's living life!!

I have other friends like this, and I thought I had friends like that but it wasn't what I thought. I am not a fair weather friend or someone just to have around because I agree with you.  I want friends near and far that it's a mutual love and respect for each other that leads to honoring each other.

You see I'm not perfect (I know gasp right?) but if I need to work on something, then I will, sometimes I'm just too stupid to see it... And I need real friends who will be honest and help me to grow, and I want to have friends who want to be better too. 

And I know that there will be times when we hurt each other, that's living hearts wide open.  

I'm so thankful for real friends, who encourage, stretch me, and live in love and grace, and forgiveness. No Matter how near or far. (But when they are far-the see you laters are hard!)

Comments