Enough

Nothing to me is there aren't too many things that are more of a CTFD than going back to my old childhood neighborhood. I love driving around seeing how it's changed, remembering the craziest of things like eating the first bite of a lamb shawarma sandwich. Thinking about all the friends that would come over and hang out on our front lawn. Endless bike rides, walks... It was a crazy time, I could go pretty much anywhere and although aware of my surroundings, I was safe. It's a place of great friendships.

It's a place where God reminds me of who I am and where I came from. He reminds me of the craziest things and how He made me kind (though now there are walls around my heart to only let some people in), how I'm often prepared and a need meeter.

Today someone sent me a text that said, "Thank you for being you... I cannot express any other way of saying it."

I've known this person since I was in ninth grade, so much has happened in those years, and yet, while he didn't know I'd need that, there it was to remind me this morning that people are thankful for how God made me. It doesn't always seem that way and it seems to me that I'll never be enough, I can never do enough, it's just never... Enough. 

But after a really long trek to get chicken (pure pastures sale) and making a detour to yazmeen God reminded me, He's guided my paths thus far and that He loves me, and as I seek Him, He will be found by me, even if I'm crying my face off. 



Comments