Happy new year!!!

Happy new year!!!

It's also my birthday!! There are a lot of pros and cons to having a birthday on New Year's Day! Almost everyone I know celebrates in some way. Last night I celebrated by making (spaghetti) sauce and finishing the big window that needed plastic, and cleaning house. I'm a party animal.  I'm sure I could have done something else lol but that seemed like a good way to bring in the new year, really it's just another day! I went to bed at like 10:30 or something and was awaken by a beautiful text from my girl that said I was the best mom that ever was or ever will be. Happy birthday to me! And then many others followed. I am loved.

I am not sure what the year has for me. Last year at this time I was searching for a church home, unsure of a lot of things. Happy to say I now have a church home (courage church in Detroit - join me any time you'd like) and I'm still uncertain of a lot of things, but God sure has blessed me in 2015. I've gained a lot of new friends, grown closer to many as I opened my heart, and had the discernment to walk away from some.  I've learned that Gods timing is like cooking a chicken, no matter how much you want that chicken, you gotta wait til it's ready. Raw chicks is terrible and things before His time are not ready either.

If I was a wish maker when I blow out candles I don't even know what I'd wish for but I can think of a few things.

Maybe free shellac manicures and pedicures for a year. Ha!! I mean that would be great but that's not what is wish for!

I'd wish for people to love God with their lives, and love people.

I'd wish for people to join me at the garden planting (planning on a second garden!!!)

For my birthday id like people to join me serving at one of the places I serve dinner at and really find love and joy while serving 

I'd wish for people to take good care of themselves so they can take care of others

My prayer for 2016 is that everyone I know would live a life of love and grace. 

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday me!!!

Comments