I am my brothers keeper

Anyone who serves with a loving heart will tell you that they are more blessed than they are a blessing. 
 
It is no different for me. 
 
It started about 3 or 4 years ago, on a Monday in October. My friends and I went to serve at I am My Brothers keeper (MBK) The only reason I remember it was October is because I made Halloween cupcakes. The food that we served was ravioli (from a can) and cottage cheese. The food was provided by someone else.... I was astonished. I don't know how long after that "we" picked up another night.... 3rd Tuesday of every month. I can honestly say that it's one of my favorite days of the whole month, although I've had to miss like 3 or 4 due to trips to Haiti. "We" have since picked up a second serving day of the month... 2nd Monday of every month... And boy is it crazy when those two days fall in the Same week!
I'm not gonna lie, it's a lot of work. Planning the meal, cooking it... It's the best. I think about every soul I feed. I think about every person I serve with, and pray for. The people that are at MBK are not people I just serve, they are people I love and trust and depend on.  
They tell me how much they love me, but really I love them more. We have served meals together, fought off crazy chicken people, planted gardens, and prayed together. Last week they gave me about 50 lbs of ground venison! Which was crazy!! I passed some of it on to another soup kitchen/church and some I turned into chili. Now they couldn't have known that i would need it this month (because i didn't ask). Or sometimes on Mondays I dont have time to make dessert because I'm too tired after making the meal and i ask them and they provide.... "We're family Margie, you'll never be alone and you never have to be afraid to ask for help". And I love that when there is a need, they ask... Sometimes It doesn't happen but sometimes it does... They love and trust me enough to ask. And I love that.

Yesterday they gave me the most beautiful Valentine's gift basket, had my name on it and everything (when you have a name like "Margie" you're name isn't on anything) . It was so very sweet and I didn't know how to react, they asked me to wait until I got home to open the card. I was honestly exhausted and left it in the car, until this morning. I read the card and the blessings inside blew me away. 

I feel like my world is a little crazy right now, I feel so incredibly blessed by a God who loves me so much, who sends me people who love and support me... Who hold me up when I can't seem to go on myself. 

I am thankful to love and be loved by MBK!

Numbers 6:24-26
 “‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’




 

Comments