Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, March 26, 2016

Trust, rest... And crazy when i don't

It's been a crazy week. 

We've made some big decisions, and our dreams are coming true! I've been praying and planning for a long time!!

And I've been nuts! Mostly because some things are out of our control and we had to wait. 

It all worked out and we are excited!!! 

One thing I never thought was that that id be crazy about this. I never thought following God's plan would be hard. I thought I'd walk and things would fall into place. I expect that when I do hard work, it will be hard, when I deal with baggage,  and things in my past, I know it will hurt, but it's worth it, but this, I thought it would come easy.

I heard this verse:

““Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.””
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

And I thought "hey, why wasn't this easier? Why am I crazy?" 

You know why I was crazy? Because I was worried this wasn't the right path. That somehow I made a mistake. I had forgotten that even though God isn't my fairy godfather He is the One who answers my prayers (sometimes with a yes, sometimes a no, and sometimes a not yet).

I forgot to rest in Him. I remember thinking at one point "did You lead me to this place, only to disappoint me?" I forgot to trust that He knows what's best for me, and sometimes that takes time.

Oh man, what a crazy week i inflicted upon myself! What a good lesson to learn to remember "trust"

No comments: