Trust, rest... And crazy when i don't

It's been a crazy week. 

We've made some big decisions, and our dreams are coming true! I've been praying and planning for a long time!!

And I've been nuts! Mostly because some things are out of our control and we had to wait. 

It all worked out and we are excited!!! 

One thing I never thought was that that id be crazy about this. I never thought following God's plan would be hard. I thought I'd walk and things would fall into place. I expect that when I do hard work, it will be hard, when I deal with baggage,  and things in my past, I know it will hurt, but it's worth it, but this, I thought it would come easy.

I heard this verse:

““Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.””
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

And I thought "hey, why wasn't this easier? Why am I crazy?" 

You know why I was crazy? Because I was worried this wasn't the right path. That somehow I made a mistake. I had forgotten that even though God isn't my fairy godfather He is the One who answers my prayers (sometimes with a yes, sometimes a no, and sometimes a not yet).

I forgot to rest in Him. I remember thinking at one point "did You lead me to this place, only to disappoint me?" I forgot to trust that He knows what's best for me, and sometimes that takes time.

Oh man, what a crazy week i inflicted upon myself! What a good lesson to learn to remember "trust"

Comments