True Confessions, and fresh starts


Yesterday I got trapped by someone and almost felt forced to listen to their ignorance.  I had one of those flight or fight moments and I was trying so hard to get away.  I can actually only imagine my face as I was standing there.  It took every bit of self control I had to not tell this person off.  I mean really.  I can’t even explain it, I have never felt so worn out from being quiet in my entire life.  What’s crazy is that I had just had a great talk with the home inspector, a time of prayer with friends, and then this…  Almost like I was part of that show “Punked” with Ashton Kutcher… but at no point did Ashton pop out.  I must admit that I had worked myself up so much that I gave myself a headache. 

As I came home to my very peaceful house, and prayed, I found myself so thankful to be enlightened by something.  Love.  I find love and loving and being loved the thing that brings me the most peace. 

And while I am admitting things…  Dreaming makes me nuts.  Turns up my "wanter"... 
And having my dreams come true actually made me bat shit crazy and I took my eye off the Prize.  The truth is that I think I’ve wanted to move out of Lincoln Park as soon as I moved in.  I’ve enjoyed many friends, made great memories, but it was not a place that was going to keep me.  When this whole thing about moving to Detroit really started to come to fruition, it was almost too good to be true.  And so at every house I’d get excited only to be let down… and it happened a few times.  And as usually happens to me, when I am afraid, I get crazy, and I was afraid.  Was this dream so close only to be snatched from my fingertips?  Seriously, this is the most scared I’ve been in a long time.  The thought of this dream never coming true was overwhelming!  I mean I’ve come to the realization that I might never be married no matter how much I want it, and it may or may not ever happen, but I have come to a weird peace about it (somedays I am more peaceful about it than others).  I let this fear get me off course, and that’s the truth.  I probably didn’t serve as much as I would have because I was distracted, I probably wasn’t as kind as I should have been, or loving.

The truth is that I had to forgive myself and remember where I put my trust.  I am telling you that as soon as I finally said, and believed it with all my heart, “I trust You, God” it all fell into place.  We found a home that brings me great peace just standing in it. 

My prayer is that during all the crazy that is about to happen, I stay focused on loving people, and being kind, and following whatever it is that God has planned.  Soccer fields, gardens, meals, mission trips, whatever it, Here I am, send me!

Comments