Lessons in gardening

I was serving with some friends/family/students at the garden today. 

I remember the thought of doing a garden last year. I mean why would God call me to do such a thing?

The truth is that if you know me, I'll do enough research to be successful but an expert I won't be. Lol

When it got closer and closer to the garden building day I started to get really nervous, I had sold tshirts and I didn't want to let anyone down. 

then it was like God spoke to my heart and said "I made vegetables long before you ever came around".

That might sound crazy to you, but it was really humbling. 

Then we planned out the boxes (I never do anything by myself because let's face it, we never really do), I
Ordered dirt, And 10 yards of dirt showed up. Do you know how much dirt that is? A crap load. I might have said "$h1+, that's a lot of dirt". A bunch of teens from the church that we built the garden showed up, and lots of others. Then friends showed up to plant, and people watered, it grew veggies, and before you know it, it's the next year, and the boxes were full of weeds, and they were ready for clean out. 


And again, I stood with friends, and we pulled, and cleaned and planted.


I learned so many lessons working in and on the garden, friendships grew, my life was filled with love.



And I stood there and thought I am the one God loves, that He chooses me to do these things, and I feel like it's such a privilege to follow Him even when I'm clueless, but I really do think that God honors us in our willingness to serve Him.

Sometimes the chaos in our lives is insane, but no matter what, we move forward on the path He has for us. 

It's ready to see what God will grow this year!


Comments