Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Playlist of my life


I don’t know what it is lately but more and more I realize the role that music plays in my life.  It’s a constant in the craziest of a life I’ve lived.  Music reminds me of people, places, and the way I’ve felt in the happiest and the saddest times in my life.   

Today I turned on the Love channel that is pre-programmed on my Favorites from Sirius. Often I wonder why I have that station pre-programmed because most of the time the songs are not my taste but once in awhile I hear a great one.  This morning Lionel Richie was on.  I smiled and thought “when I start my day with Lionel Richie, I know it’s gonna be a good day”

I actually just made a new playlist for one of my music accounts.  It’s a lot of reminiscing mostly because, God willing, we are moving to Dearborn.  I feel like I’m going home, and I am so happy.  Dreams do come true, ones you dream when you are 16 years old and you get ripped from a life that you knew and put into a place where time had seemed to have forgotten.  It was a part in my journey that had to happen, because such is life, but I’m happy to go ‘home’.

I think about the songs that are in the playlists of my life. 

As by Stevie Wonder, it is a song that has played my entire life.  I really do believe you may be holding out greatness from your children if they don’t know who Stevie Wonder is.  I just sent two of the people I love tons and tons the “Songs in the Key of Life” record (yes real vinyl) to dance to and play for their children that will one day come.



I can’t hear the song Ribbon in the Sky without thinking of Chandler, Jason, Penel, Jennifer, Natalie, Nyki, David, Maurice, and Maria.  When I hear just those intro notes, I remember a great time in my life.



Or how about the song that I never liked until a sweet young man would ride up on his Raz and sing it to me… With or Without You by U2.  Seriously I hated that song, but but now it brings back the best of memories.



The song I once knew that was song by one of my daughters sweet friends, and my Pean said “mom this song reminds me of you” https://youtu.be/tfVFvCGVmus  I might have cried the first 30 times I heard it (but we don’t eat ketchup with eggs – GROSS!)



There are so many songs I could mention… my latest play list is one made up of memories…  and dreams…  I have a million playlists for different times in my life.  Usually the current one I listen to gets lots of songs added J until it’s time to start a new one.

 

Better – Regina Spector
Touch the Sky – United
Come Thou Fount – Kings Kaleidoscope
You’ll come – Hillsong Live
Indescribable  - Chris Tomlin
The Stand – Hillsong United
Hold Us together – Matt Maher
No Greater Love – Smokie Norful
In Christ Alone - Kings Kaleidoscope
Everlasting God – Fellowship Church
After All – David Crowder
Sometimes – David Crowder
Thinking Outloud – Ed Sheeran
You are the best thing – Ray LaMondage
No Place I’d rather be – Cassa Lio
Addictive Love – BeBe & CeCe WInans
Love Said Not so - BeBe & CeCe WInans
You make me brave – Jon Whaley
Great and mighty– Jon Whaley
All I want– Jon Whaley
My Cornerstone– Jon Whaley
Stand in Wonder– Jon Whaley
I am amazed– Jon Whaley
I come Alive – Jon Whaley
As – Stevie Wonder
You are the Sunshine of my life– Stevie Wonder
Isn’t she lovely– Stevie Wonder
Don’t worry about a thing (which is also my ringtone LOL) – Stevie Wonder
I wish– Stevie Wonder
Don’t Disturb this Groove – The System
I will Trust – Fred Hammond
Imagine Me- Kirk Franklin
New York State of Mind – Billy Joel
She’s got a way– Billy Joel
Sailing – N`Sync
Seasons of Love – Rent Soundtrack
You & Me – Dave Matthews
September – Earth Wind and Fire
Boogie Wonderland – Earth Wind and Fire
Solo Cristo – Hillsong
Celebrate me home – Kenny Loggins
Brother - NEEDTOBREATHE
Something to believe in- NEEDTOBREATHE
Washed by the Water- NEEDTOBREATHE
The outsiders- NEEDTOBREATHE
Shine On- NEEDTOBREATHE
Able- NEEDTOBREATHE
Let us Love- NEEDTOBREATHE
Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys
With or without you – U2
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
Soar - - Christina Aguilera
Sail On – Lionel Richie
Easy – Lionel Richie
Still – Lionel Richie
It is Well – Bethel Music

1 comment:

Trish said...

I just added 4 Lionel Richie songs to my playlist, the other day. Don't have any Stevie yet...my husband doesn't care for him...can you believe that!?