Notes from camp

I started packing last summer hoping for a move in 2017. And then at some point this winter we put an offer in a house, then more looking followed quickly by "ohmyword we are going to move THIS year!!" Followed by more packing more donations, lots of stuff added to an already busy life. 

City camp 2016 was scheduled in Colorado. I was coming literally already exhausted. My soul was weary. I'll admit it. And I came and for two days felt like I was just resting, going to bed pretty early and up later than usual.  By the time City Camp actually started I felt ready. It's a lot of organizing and shuffling and going to bed late and waking up early.  We were scheduled to go a giant community garden but our plans changed and me & another leader (who knows Denver like I know Detroit) took 14 kids and we served lunches and water. And to prove what a great lunch maker I am, two guys fought over a lunch we made!!

We stopped and had lunch... and ice cream.

I honestly couldn't have gone to Colorado if my beautiful daughter wasn't capable of handling a whole lotta stuff while I'm gone! She prepped and painted a lot of the first floor, she kept things going.  I honestly couldn't do all God has called me to do if it wasn't for her love and support. My whole life I wished I had a momma to be friends with like other people, but instead God gave me a daughter. 

We have one more day of city camp and I'm tired but filled. I'm thankful to serve, once again, with the best youth pastor ever, I'm ready to be home soon enough to hug my girl. My weary soul is refreshed.

Comments