Thankful heart

This whole new house thing has been quite an adventure. Seriously, I've learned so much.

One of the things I've learned is to accept the gifts that we've been given even when they are easy for us. You can imagine I've cooked a lot of meals in my day for others. Especially moving people or people getting their  houses ready. I really looked at it as nothing, it was simple for me, but after the last week, I understand how great that is... I love eating out but it gets expensive and it's just not as good as homemade. 

Or when a friend comes over and helps you prime the bathroom. A couple hours of help that might seem so simple means the world. It saves me time and we have great conversation while working.

Man, and I've always respected people who have a trade... Drywalling, electrical, plumbing, mechanics, etc but after this week, I've got an even greater appreciation for them. Drywalling is an art. Seriously people.

And you know you either spend your time or your money. Today I was freaking out, a tailspin moment when I just said to myself "Margie just pay someone" and it was that easy. A calming CTFD moment because I don't have any more time to spend and I'm lucky enough to have some money (not tons) to take care of a few things in order to maintain sanity. 

Or when your friend says she'll help and I'm freaking out because I'm not sure what I'll need and she simply says "how about we wait til then and you can give me a job" now it doesn't get any easier than that...

I think the greatest thing I've learned is to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em and know when to walk away and know when to
Scream for help! 

This has been quite an experience. And I'm thankful (and exhausted)

Comments