Thankful for friendship

Last night I met with my girlfriend for her birthday, there was 4 of us. We talked, laughed cried, and told stories that bare no repeating. But they were funny.

It has been a very stressful time in my life. Packing was truckloads of stuff, reliving memories as packed/unpacked them. Settling in, getting one house ready to live in and the other ready for someone else ready to start their own life of memories.

I'll be honest, it's been a lonely time, I've spent more time than I care to admit alone doing projects that I figured out how to do by myself though they would have been easier with someone else, I've spent time
Taking care of others when I needed help myself, and for one of the first times in My life I actually asked for help... I'll write more about the results of that another time. Sometimes those results were wonderful and sometimes...

In the loneliness of it all, I learned a lot and I learned to take care of myself and to reach out to my friends when my heart was aching. I learned that sometimes in the crazy of it all, I learned to just keep going. Because busy lives are all around.

Last night God sent three women to remind me what I'm not alone. He sent me three women to remind me that friendship is a gift and laughter is good for our souls. He reminded me that we need people, which I knew because lately I've been reaching out for lunches and friends. 

When I left my Thursday Night Mommasitas my heart felt full. I was reminded of so many things and God's faithfulness throughout my life. I was reminded of the buckets, I was reminded of how friendship is such a gift and kindness should not be overlooked. 

Hearts tied together by the thread of love cannot be broken.

I am thankful 

Comments