Thankful to serve

Every day God gives us a new opportunity to be faithful.

It has been the most incredibly busy three months.  I can't even tell you.  I am constantly tired.  I'm physically tired, sometimes I wake up and can't remember where I live.  Thankfully the stairs are far away otherwise I might end up down them.  My soul has been weary.  I feel  myself grasping for the things of Jesus.  People have admittedly told me they didn't ask me to do things because they thought I was too busy. 

There is a place that sometimes I just go to because my soul is thirsty.  It is My Brother's Keeper.  At this point I don't even know how long I've been serving there, I think it might be over 4 years at this point but I am not even sure, i just feel like it's been a long time and it feels like a short minute.

I think I started serving (ok I know) because I thought I could do some good.  Little did I know it was them who would do my heart so much good.  MBK has become a refuge in the storms of life for me.  It is a place that in all it's craziness, I find peace there.   Some of my favorite stories are from there, Fried Chicken Fiasco of 2015, watching people eat pork chops (and get them in their eye brows), having someone "test taste" something new I bring.... three helpings later. 

I know that cooking in general isn't for everyone, especially cooking for large groups of people, but it's my gig.  I think about serving a meal to Jesus Himself.  If the bible is alive and true...

Matthew 25:35-40 says...
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Then I do serve Him.  And I wouldn't make some kind of slop if I was serving God, so I don't serve people that way either.      I'd just like to say, He would have been pleased with yesterday's meal... BBQ chicken sandwiches, Homemade Cole Slaw, Chicken BLT salad, Watermelon, and Beckie's famous Strawberry Shortcake. I always know it's extra good when they are trying to smuggle out the food.  And yesterday, it was crazy! 

As I left yesterday, my heart was so full.  Serving with people I love and another opportunity that I did what God has asked of me, leaves me feeling full.  It is humbling that He would choose me to do His great work. That people would be drawn in for a meal, but would hear the beautiful word of God.  it is just amazing. 

I am so thankful!

Comments