The call

Until today I never really thought I had a ministry. I just always kind of saw myself as someone who supported others. 

There's a mission trip? Well? They gotta eat, I'll feed them.

Oh people need fresh fruits and veggies in the city, I'll plant a community garden. 

Soup kitchens? They need hello serving meals, of course I'll do that, it's my gift.

Seriously easy peasy.

I don't really lead people to Jesus. It's not what I do. I have always just served people who served.  I don't like the spotlight, a nice hug or a thank you is good enough for me. 

But today I was talking to my friend Emily and I said "it's my ministry", that's real churchy. But the truth is God has a call on my life, and I'm never gonna be Like the great Billy Graham or lead successful youth ministries that turn out 1000s of kids like Adam, but I do have a great call on my life. To love people and to feed them and to let them know they matter.

What does that look like? 

I have no idea. 

Tomorrow it looks like cooking and making sandwiches, and planting plants.

It's the greatest thing to realize that you matter to God enough to know that He trusts you enough even in your weakness (and stupidity) to love those He loves.

Comments