Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Would you rather?


We’ve probably all seen it, a power struggle. 

Nothing divides people more than a power struggle. In the last week, I have witnessed them, even been a part of one.  And the one I was involved in I thought to myself “why are you being so darn stubborn – just do it like she said, it won’t hurt anything”

I witnessed one the other day and I thought “this is uncomfortable”

I thought about how many times I would stand my ground on the dumbest things, just to be right (and when I was I wasn’t very quiet about it).  I don’t usually stand my ground unless I’m pretty confident that I’m right.  It’s a pride thing.  A total terrible pride thing. 

That being said, I am working on it, a lot of hard work, a lot of submitting.

One thing I realized from my own experience, when someone is trying to be big (and right) they don’t treat people very kind.  And when they say “I love you” soon after it, I sometimes think (not very grace-givingly) “do you really?”

And it saddens me to think that others may think about me.  Ugh. Fail.

I strive to produce and give away the Fruit of the Spirit

Love, Joy, Peace, patience, Goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and Self Control

Nothing about a power struggle is those things.

I do think that sometimes we need to stand our ground for things like Social Injustice, taking care of others (and ourselves) but when we are fighting about something dumb, then I think I need to step back and HUMBLY submit. 

I am learning to walk away from things like this, sometimes it takes me a long time to walk away, but I’m learning. 

Be Humble

Be Kind

Choose battles worth engaging in

But for all that is true, love above all
 

No comments: