Would you rather?


We’ve probably all seen it, a power struggle. 

Nothing divides people more than a power struggle. In the last week, I have witnessed them, even been a part of one.  And the one I was involved in I thought to myself “why are you being so darn stubborn – just do it like she said, it won’t hurt anything”

I witnessed one the other day and I thought “this is uncomfortable”

I thought about how many times I would stand my ground on the dumbest things, just to be right (and when I was I wasn’t very quiet about it).  I don’t usually stand my ground unless I’m pretty confident that I’m right.  It’s a pride thing.  A total terrible pride thing. 

That being said, I am working on it, a lot of hard work, a lot of submitting.

One thing I realized from my own experience, when someone is trying to be big (and right) they don’t treat people very kind.  And when they say “I love you” soon after it, I sometimes think (not very grace-givingly) “do you really?”

And it saddens me to think that others may think about me.  Ugh. Fail.

I strive to produce and give away the Fruit of the Spirit

Love, Joy, Peace, patience, Goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and Self Control

Nothing about a power struggle is those things.

I do think that sometimes we need to stand our ground for things like Social Injustice, taking care of others (and ourselves) but when we are fighting about something dumb, then I think I need to step back and HUMBLY submit. 

I am learning to walk away from things like this, sometimes it takes me a long time to walk away, but I’m learning. 

Be Humble

Be Kind

Choose battles worth engaging in

But for all that is true, love above all
 

Comments