Daily Sea Creatures

Friends!  I have so much that my heart wants to say, but today, I am going to tell you a funny story or maybe a funny way that I think... this is just a small little view of the crazy in my head!

When I first was saved, I would hear about the scripture where manna would fall from the sky. 

The verse is Exodus 16:4 but instead of the word "bread' the preacher said "manna"

Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions.

So...  apparently I never heard "bread" and seriously for the longest time... I thought it was MANATEEs falling from the sky.  Yes, giant sea creatures falling from the sky, I thought "wow, that's a lot of food".

At some point it came to my attention that it was BREAD!  MANNA not Manatee's... so now I laugh every time I hear that scripture or people talk about manna in a sermon...  it's like a little smile that I have with God and me. (can't you hear me laughing?!?)

And hey... isn't it cool that long ago God provided our daily bread?  And sea creatures!

Comments