Intentional

Pastors work really hard to talk for an hour or so at church everyday. I hate to say it... Sometimes they say one thing and I chew on it all week.

Last week the worship leader was talking about how the sequoias reminded him that we should "shift our scale". 

SHIFT MY SCALE

Remind me that I'm small. That even though God has chosen me, humility is the greatest quality. I was stuck on that all week.  

This week I was lucky enough to hear two great messages, both about community. 

But what stuck with me today was one word "intentionality"

There are a million things that fight for my attention if I want to keep
My focus on the things that matter, to the people that matter in my life, I need to be INTENTIONAL. There is no getting around that.

Being intentional is how I got my house packed and unpacked. It's how I get things done all the time. I'm intentional

When it comes to spending time with people I love I'm intentional. Let's pick a date, I actually don't give up
 Because the people I love matter to me. They are a gift. True gifts and I will not take that for granted! 



One thing I let slide was my bible reading, journalling and blogging.  Why? Because I didn't take the time.One thing I know and have learned is that if I am going to be intentional about reading my bible, well, it's got to be my actual bible. My phone is way too distracting. My bible actually looks horrible right now. It's hideous. It was actually really really falling apart until I "bandaged it up" with duct tape. I really need to get it recovered because I just don't want a new one (I know that's nuts but it's my favorite).

Intentionality.

God, help me to see those around me who need you, help me to listen, and love them. Lord help keep my eyes on You to pursue what You have me to do. Lord, I LoveYou. 

Comments