Love is grand

Last night was at a wedding and sat at the perfect table! I was surrounded by people I've loved and been loved by for years. People I've served and have served me.

It was at a wedding of people I've loved for longer than I can remember. 

At some point in the day my friend reminded me how loved I am to be invited to so many weddings. And it's true, and weddings aren't always easy for me, it's a constant reminder that I'm still not married. It's a constant reminder that there is something... Missing.

But yesterday as I sat with people I love, and we had real conversation not crappy small talk, I was reminded, love is the best. Often we say "love them where they are at" meaning no matter what they've done or didn't do, love them. But yesterday God reminded me that I am to love where I am. To listen, hug, support, love right where I am because I was placed in this time in this moment, to love.

Because I was made for such a time at this. (Ester 4:4)

Comments