Broken hearted

I had a whole post written about a stinky homeless guy who taught me a big lesson today, but I changed my mind (maybe ill post it tomorrow)

Today I was ripped to shreds by a verse. Psalm 34:18 
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
I don't even know. Sometimes I think about times when things were different, and I wish I could go back, but I can't. Things change, seasons change. We live, we learn, we grow, we love.

Today we sang "you make me brave" and honestly I don't listen or sing that song much. If it's sung I tune out. It reminds me of one of the hardest times in my life. People come and they go, but when these 5 left, it was like someone ripped my heart out with a spoon. 

Today as I prayed about my own broken-heartedness I allowed myself to feel during that song. I tried holding back tears but they came. 

I'm thankful for the growth (and traveling) since that dreaded time when The Dorband5 set out on their new adventure a little over two years ago. 

What I'm most thankful for today is that God is close to the broken-hearted and that He is the redeemer of all things!

Comments