Meal planning

I don’t know how you feel about meal planning, but I love it.  I like planning out what I am making to make my life a little easier on “game day”.  Between work and the millions of other things I have going on, I’d just rather not have to always think or make a decision every day.  And what if I start to make something and realize we are missing a key ingredient.  (usually there is a work around).

 

Admittedly, I have an issue with if I plan things out on a certain day things don’t always go as I planned… so I am trying a new strategy.  Pick the meals for the week, make sure the ingredients are available, and make the food the day we want it, or that it works out for our schedule.

This week there will be two pots of soup.  This is a normal occurrence once fall hits.  We are soup eaters.  We like soup, not from a can, but homemade yummy goodness. 

 

So this week… Chicken enchilada and potato (by special request).  Now I am not gonna lie, my potato soup is slap your momma good.  It’s delicious, and not really good for you, but we can just ignore that part.  It’s delicious.  I mean, like really.

 

And I normally plan just two big meals, and we eat leftovers, life is just easier that way.  We like leftovers and they lend themselves well to crazy schedules.

 

And we got those!

 

So this week will be a cabbage stir-fry with potatoes and cut up pork chops and plain ole spaghetti, filled with zucchini, peppers, spinach, and mushrooms, and group beef.  We always have turkey burgers and sweet potatoes (to make fries) if needed and if our schedules allow.  

 

Life is better and a little less chaotic if I plan!

 

What’s on your menu?

 

 




NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission is for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. It is not to be transmitted to or received by anyone other than the named addressee (or a person authorized to deliver it to the named addressee). It is not to be copied or forwarded to any unauthorized persons. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by replying via email, so that our address record can be corrected.

Comments