Time off and new seasons

Well it's nearing the end of my time off....

Originally I had all these plans... I was going to visit all the Great Lakes, go to Niagara Falls... And then... Well I made other plans (though both of those are on my 2017 short list of things to do!!! And they will probably happen! Just not right now.

I've spent these two weeks decompressing and praying. Finding myself often times by the water because that is where I find the most comfort. 

As I sit at Grand traverse bay, I see the most beautiful of blues, I hear the waves hit the rocks, an all too familiar sound from my childhood, and while I know there is crazy all around me, and the cool breeze hits my face, I am reminded that God is a mighty and loving God.

While I could admit to you that I'm nervous about my new job, mostly because all good and new  things make me nervous, I know that God loves me, and He is sovereign and Lord over my life, and a loving Father.

I've done so many things these almost two weeks that bring my heart joy, calm my soul, I feel... Ready. 

I've spent time with people that I love and love me back. I've been reminded  in the deepest parts of my soul that I loved. Not for what I do but for who I am.

As I know I am chasing the last days of summer, I am thankful for the seasons of the year and the seasons in my life, and with all the change I've had lately, my heart says "here I am, God, send me" and I'm not sure exactly where that is but I'm ready to go.

I'm just so thankful 

Comments