9/8/16

Today I went kayaking. All by myself. 

Life has been crazy and busy! I went to a funeral and then I went kayaking after picking up a great salad at The Big Salad in Grosse Pointe http://www.thebigsalad.net

My agenda:
Funeral
Lunch
Goals
Kayaking
Get gas for mower at garden

I was having lunch on sunset point of belle isle, and for a moment I thought "maybe I'll just kayak and then do my goal setting" and seriously it started to sprinkle so I headed for shelter. 


I found this sweet little pavilion and busted out my bible and journal and guide and it started POURING. There was even a moat around the pavilion (ok it was puddlie). And so I finished my goals and I kid you not, the sun came out and it cleared up. 


I thought about how much God loves me and the song "good good Father" and how maybe or maybe or not that rain storm came just at the right time, I know, left up to me, I'd be my own demise.

It felt great to get my goals done and set! Now I get to complete them! Hard work and determination will get me there!

As I was going kayaking I was praying and just enjoying the day, all alone there were moments where it was so quiet it was deafening. I forget how busy and loud my life can be. So many inputs from everywhere. 

It reminded me of one of my favorite quotes 
Make time for the quiet moments, as God whispers and the world is loud.
~ unknown

I had to just listen, be still. There has been a lot of change this year! I left my church, got a new house, now a new job, there needs to be some quiet. I keep saying now all I need is a good boyfriend (husband material)  and my whole life will be upside down. And I'm certainly not opposed to that last one! Lol Lots of direction is needed about where to go and wha to do and how I will grow in all these areas but like every other time in my

Life, I want to know NOW. But I know there are lessons in the "wait", and I like becoming who God wants me to be. 

I'm so thankful for the way God loves me, He knows better than me, that's for sure.

Comments