31 days of love - People I love... Katie Dorband


There are few days in your life when something people say is life altering.  Sometimes maybe you don’t know it, but one sunny day, on my way to Buckley after getting home from Haiti, one phone call changed my life. 

“I have to tell you something, can you come over on Monday? I need to tell you in person. “ I Knew she wasn’t pregnant.  So no new muffins.  I actually thought I did something wrong.  You know I am always saying things that are dumb and mildly (or more than mildly) inappropriate.  And then it came…  We are moving, she couldn’t wait.  And I cried.  It was a day my life changed.  You know what other date my life changed? The first day I met her, and we didn’t even belong to the same youth ministry.  I’ll never forget her cute self, the kind of person that you think can’t possibly be that real.  After years and years of being friends, I can tell you, she is as real as it gets. 

I am thankful for her friendship, and while I love love love The Boys, I will tell you, I go to visit my friend.  She is encouraging and fun, and I am never afraid to try new things with her.  I tried the incline, climbing Red Rocks (both ALMOST killed me), found out I love paddle boarding.

My friend Katie is a great example of loving Jesus, working hard, being a great mom, and a great advocate for her children.  My friend Katie has taught me to love bigger and stronger because she teaches me to love like Jesus because she lives by example.

1 Cor 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ

Comments