31 days - People who I love - Dawn Bender


There is a writing challenge every October…  Go deeper for 31 days.  Write everyday.  I knew it was coming up but I wasn’t sure which month it was because… there is more than one month with 31 days. And now I am behind LOL but you know I always have something to say. 

What to talk about for 31 days? That always seems challenging.

There are so many great people in my life that I love and love me!  So I am going to write about them.  I am the luckiest to serve and love people.  People inspire me. They encourage me.  They teach me how to love bigger, and they stretch me.

My friend Dawn, I almost always refer to her as “Dawn Bender”.  I mean that’s her name but for some reason when I say her name I say her first and last name like it’s all one.  Dawn is all about adventure.   She likes to change things up, she also has pink hair and has had it long before all the rest of the US thought it was cool. 

The thing about Dawn is that when she loves you, and she loves me, you know it.  She is a hard hugger and a big smiler.  She loves Jesus and it shows in all the things she does.  When she speaks her excitement and love comes right out in her voice.  She raises 3 little girls who have all very different personalities with great love and joy, even when she’s tired.  She makes them a priority. 

She really inspires me with her encouragement and love for people who are the same and different than her.  I actually miss spending time with her, and even not always agreeing because I learned from her, a different perspective.  I felt loved and supported and I hope she felt the same about me.

I’ll forever be thankful to God for crossing our paths and allowing me to serve Him with her.  For her friendship and her love!

Comments