Smaller parts

The mountains, they are a great lesson for me. 

I've been lucky to have traveled a lot of places in my life. 

I'm just a motherless kid. How many times I've felt like that 6 year old who missed her momma because I never remembered.  I'd cry when people asked, and sometimes I still do cry when they ask or just thinking about it. Like I'm tearing up now. 

I've seen the mountains in Colorado, the mountains in Mexico, the mountains of Haiti, and as I sit on this balcony in the Great Smoky Mountains I can't help but think of God's ultimate plan. Each tree has a purpose. He has laid the foundation of world. 

We are like these trees. Each one beautiful and wonderfully created by The One who loves us. Our beauty does not go unnoticed. Our purpose, whatever it is, does not get overlooked by Him who made us. 

The truth is that sometimes I'd love to be the beautiful red one. The one who stands out to be noticed for it's between.  But really my strive to be like an evergreen. Strong and true. I hope to be the person that provides shade but can let the sun shine on, I hope to be dependable, true, loyal, and loving to those around me.  I fall short so many times, but like in all things His love and mercy prevails.

I'm thankful to be just a small part of a Grander plan 

Comments