a little bit of my heart


Sometimes people call me religious. What does that mean? Does it mean I'm filled with religion? That doesn't sound all that great to be honest. When I think of religion I think of hypocrisy. "Do as I say not as I do" and maybe I am, but I hope not.  I hope that people know I just want to love them, to really love them, to cry with them, to encourage them, to feed them, to celebrate with them, to really love them, all of their days.

I don't think of myself as religious, I just really really love God. I do. And the truth is I'd rather be single all my days and live this love that He's given me than be married to the "perfect" guy (though I hope to marry a man after God's own heart).

I know it's weird that I serve at soup kitchens and it brings me more joy than $1M worth of retail therapy because serving is just an outward pouring out of what He's poured into me.

I read today the song of Mary.
“And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation. He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;
he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever."”


Luke 1:46-55 ESV

So good isn't it? God did not bless me with a beautiful singing voice (though I'm always singing - mostly in my head) but I was given the gift of cooking/baking so that's my song, my praise to Him. I may not be much, but I'll give Him all I am.

This song speaks so much of my heart.




Yesterday we studied psalm 100 in church. And it reminded me of all that He is, it reminded me that I have much to be thankful for. I am thankful to look back and see all that He has done, to sit in His presence and know that He is, and to look ahead, to know I can trust Him with my future.

“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”
Psalms 100:1-5 ESV


He is faithful.

Comments