Mistake?

I had two parents, and I know I wasn't a "mistake"... but I've watched plenty of movies but I have to say that there are very few lines in a movie resonate more than these lines from the movie Creed


I gotta prove it


Prove what?


Prove I'm not a mistake 


I know that some my family looks at me and sees a million things wrong with me, they think nothing of walking away from me. I feel like they feel like I am a mistake, I've felt that way most of my life, and so it makes me think I was a mistake. Like somehow God got it wrong with me. 


I think of a few sayings... "how people treat you says more about them then it does about you."


But the truth is that it hurts. I try really hard to not let it burden my heart but the truth is that it does. When you love someone and they hurt you, it... hurts.


I know I'm not perfect that is for sure but I know that every day I really try to live love . I don't do it perfectly everyday but I strive to be more like Jesus everyday. I cling to Him in these days, in these feelings, I read His word, I pray, I listen as He speaks to my heart. 


I am not a mistake. Somewhere these is a root that knows, I am not a mistake and I have nothing to prove 


Comments