Joyful heart

Saturday I sat outside in the parking lot and was talking to my dear friend and I said that I was afraid to say it but life seems really great right now. I love my home, I love my job, I feel full of joy, I love and am loved by so many.

Life of course is not perfect. There are things that are overwhelmingly hard. 2016 seems to be a rough year for a lot of people and I am no exception. There have been hard days. Sad days, days I've said "what the heck God?". And in those hard times it made me seek God more. It's not always been like that but it is now. When I'm having a hard time, I ask for Him to speak to me, send me someone who loves Him for comfort, or to bring a scripture to mind.

In church yesterday the pastor talked about Doubting Thomas. How'd you like to be that guy? Well... sometimes my flesh wonders "how long will this joy last?"  The truth is... as long as I allow it to. This joy I have, it comes from God. It's not fake, it comes from Truth.  It comes from being thankful, because even in those hard times I worked hard at being grateful even if I was disheartened. I didn't always seem joyful or feel it, but I worked at it. 

I'm so thankful for 2016, for its heartache, it's hurt, it's joy, it's love. 

I was made for such a time as this.

Next adventures are coming, and they won't always be easy but growing will be good and make me more like Him!

Applied for a short term mission trip to Uganda. We will see what God has in store :) 

Happy Monday! Be joyful and keep growing! 

Comments