A new year!! New hope!

War, not peace, produces virtue. War, not peace, purges vice. War, and preparation for war, call forth all that is noble and honorable in a man. It unites him with his brothers and binds them in selfless love, eradicating in the crucible of necessity all which is base and ignoble. There in the holy mill of murder the meanest of men may seek and find that part of himself, concealed beneath the corrupt, which shines forth brilliant and virtuous, worthy of honor before the gods. Do not despise war, my young friend, nor delude yourself that mercy and compassion are virtues superior to andreia, to manly valor.
Steven Pressfield, Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae

I heard this quote today. I thought about all the young lives that may not make it out of a dangerous city. Lack of education, sex trafficking, gangs, death, pride, and drugs.

I thought about our need to make a difference in the lives of those in generations coming up. How much they need us. How much we all need each other.

I think about how there is only one way to win against injustice... to fight it. To fight against it with prayer, and love, and doing something. It's not ok to wait for someone else to do something, because we are someone else's someone else.

I believe that 2017 is going to be a year of change. Only I can determine if the world around me will have a change for the better.

Some days it might feel like war, and that we can't go on, and some days we will run with great excitement towards our goal with great expectation of things to come!

I'm dreaming about great things, a bigger garden, the soccer field, new beginnings, a love of a lifetime, and contagious joy.

Join me, won't you?

Comments