Adios 2016


When I look back on 2016 I can’t help but smile.

What a year it’s been. 

Was it all good?  Nope.

But was God good, the answer is always the same, yes.

I can’t even remember everything that happened. 

It certainly was a year of change.
3 trips to Colorado
2 mission trips
100's of people fed
Changed churches and never thought I’d get involved again.  I thought I’d just do whatever God asked me to do… on my own. But I know (and always knew) we don’t do things for God alone.  He is the healer of our hearts, and the redeemer of all things. There were parts of  2016 reminded me of what happens when I try to do things in my own strength, and parts of it brought glory to God as I followed Him.
We now live in Dearborn and our Lincoln Park home is no longer ours. It all started with a house that cost $13000 in East English Village…  a lot of houses, tears, and emotions later, we ended up in our current home, and I can’t help but laugh when I think, God knew.  And each step in the process was to learn, and to recognize His goodness.

We also got a dog.  Cookie.  A rescue.  Who knew you could love a dog this much?  Its crazy to me.  Just in case you’re wondering, this did not make me a dog person, I love our dog.  LOL
I started a new job at a new company, and I LOVE it. 
 I look back in lessons in community gardens, soccer fields, hugs, tears, words, and love. 

I can’t imagine this life without love.  On days when I think I can’t go on, love carries me through.  I am thankful for prayers and hard days, and the happy ones. 
I can’t help but end this year thankful. 

I will be home tonight, doing laundry, getting the house ready for some people to come over for lunch after church.  The house is quiet, with the sound of washing machine is humming.  I am thankful.
I am thankful for dreams I didn’t even realize that came true. I am thankful for serving opportunities that never end.  I am thankful for laughter, and the good and the bad tears. I am thankful for new opportunities.
I am thankful for a God in Heaven who loves me.  I am thankful for a God that pursues my heart, and that every day I fall more in love with Him.  I am thankful that the moment I think I can’t love Him anymore or feel more loved by Him, it seems He shows up and blows me away with a love that is bigger than before.

I can’t help but wonder what 2017 will hold.
I honestly can’t even imagine.

I know that His love and faithfulness will see me through all of it.

Comments