Happy birthday! Happy 2017!

Happy birthday to me!!

I feel so thankful for a wonderful birthday!!

I made a huge pot of sauce hoping to have friends with me at church for my birthday and come over for lunch, but it was a simple day surrounded by just a few people and it was perfect, and now I have leftover sauce which is always a good thing!!

The day was really low key! (Except for the 200+ birthday wishes). Scaled back church due to a power issue, and it was glorious! It was like God gave me a reminder... "don't forget child, I'm in control".

I even brought cupcakes for the treats at church but since we didn't have power there wasn't anything else out :) as I saw my homeless friends on the way in, I gave them their normal treat plus a cupcake and thanked them for celebrating with me!!

I took a long nap (1.5 hours) I've been really tired because my back has been bothering me and I haven't been sleeping well. It's gonna be hard to get back into the 4am wake ups that I normally live!!! But it won't take long to be back to 9pm sleeps and 4am wake ups!

We went to see the movie "fences" with Denzel Washington. Wow! What a great movie!!! It made me think about how if we don't find joy in the hard of our lives we will be miserable and stuck. I'd really recommend the movie!

I'm looking forward to 2017!!  I always ask God to use me and I have the opportunity to go to Uganda in 2017! A trip to Washington state to see dear "kids" of mine! A driving trip to the East coast!

I rejoined Weight Watchers to get my physical life back on track!!

I loved 2016 even with all its challenges and I believe 2017 will be filled with its own set of challenges (and goon squad) but every year that we learn, grow, and love, it's a good one!

Comments