Off to a good start!

It's January 17, the day after Martin Luther King Day. It was  the first year in a long time I don't have the day off.

We are only 17 days into 2017 and I've made some very intentional changes. One of them being how I spend my money. I've saved $27 so far just not having Starbucks everyday lol. What a terrible choice that was that became a habit.

I thought buckling down would be constricting but instead it became freeing and more creative! And that's been fun!!! Which is weird! Haha!

I really felt like God had been telling me to spend less. Specifically live on what you made 8 years ago. Truth is i need to save more, spend less. At this point, I can't do that. I have bills that need to be paid off, a trip to Uganda to pay for, but I'm getting there! I've even started mystery shopping to make some extra money to use as a fundraiser for my mission trip to Uganda!

I'm making good choices that will become good habits :).

It feels good to do this! It makes me feel a little regretful of how I spent money in the past but I can't change that. I can say I'm sorry and I can move forward. No shame, no guilt, just thankfulness!

I hope your 2017 is off to a great start!

Comments