Stewardship

I've been giving some thought to stewardship. I honestly thought I did ok with this one, not perfect. But when someone would say "if someone looked at your taxes or checkbook would they know you loved God?" The answer is yes. But in this last month I've been thinking about it... how much I wasted!

Money spent at Starbucks
Food that I threw away instead of freezing
Choosing to eat out instead of eating at home

I've been on a pretty strict budget. Pinching every penny.

An example is that so
Many times when we had leftover buns we would leave them. I noticed that the soup
Kitchen had tons of buns so I asked my
Friend if I could take them and freeze them. The truth is that buns are only a couple bucks, HOWEVER I've been saving lots of $2 to add up to more money

It's been eye opening to me how much I waste and what a bad steward of God's resources I have been. The thing is I know how to stretch a dollar i just got careless. It's been something God has been working on with me.

When it started I thought it would suffocate me, take away my freedom but to be honest, it's done the opposite. It really has been freeing. I always say "you either manage ________ or it manages you" and I'll be honest I think I've needed to take control for some time now. Nothing bad has happened, but there is no point in waiting until it does. It's been so great, and I don't feel restricted at all or that I'm giving anything up. It's been so great!

I'd like to invite you to really look at how you are spending your money and not
Compare to how the world spends their money but God's view and see how you stack up. You might get an A+ rating or you might need a little work (or a whole lot). Don't over look a little here and a little there. It all adds up!!! I saved $57 this month changing my Starbucks routine from everyday ($3 per day) to only going two times per week. I thought I'd hate it but I like making it myself. Less time spent in the drive thru, less money spent... its good stuff!!

I'm thankful God never stops working on me!!

Comments