Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, February 09, 2017

Music of my heart - hidden


This song.  The first time I heard it, my soul took a breath.  Often my life is crazy and busy, but I can sit at the feet of Jesus and breath.  I can look at things that seem way to big.  Overwhelming really, but if I know I am in the will of God, I know I am, SAFE.
Most of my life I have not felt safe.  Always scared of something.  But there is something about the Love of God.  A love so strong that I can’t help but feel safe. 
There is a verse, Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,

    and he will make your paths straight.


When I would worry people would quote that verse to me, and even though I heard the words, they did not penetrate my heart.  And one day, I am not sure when it happened, I came to the point when I believed it. I didn’t just believe in God, I believed Him.
There came a moment when I knew that I could do whatever He asked of me, I just needed to believe it, and believe Him.  Often it seems crazy and nuts, but here I am, I just do what God asks. 

I never know what to say when people ask what is going on?  Sometimes I am just so excited about it all, I want to scream how excited I am.  Like just I was when I first learned about God’s grace.
This song.  My heart.  It’s the words when I don’t have them.

 



There was one when I was young
Who knew my heart
He knew my sorrow
He held my hand
And he lead me to trust him
Now I am hidden
In the safety of your love
I trust your heart and your intentions
Trust you completely
I’m listening intently
You’ll guide me through these many shadows

As I grow
And as I change
May I love you more deeply
I will lean upon your grace
I will reap because your goodness is unending

You are my vision
My reason for living
Your kindness leads me to repentance
I can’t explain it
This sweet assurance

But I’ve never known this kind of friend
I can’t explain it
This sweet assurance
But I’ve never known this kind of friend

The sun, moon, and stars
Shout your name
They give you reverence
And I will do the same
With all my heart I give you glory
The sun, moon, and stars
Shout your name
They give you reverence
And I will do the same
With all my heart I give you glory

I want to seek you first
I want to love you more
I want to give you the honor you deserve
So I bow before you
I am overcome by the beauty of this perfect love

I want to seek you first
I want to love you more
I want to give you the honor you deserve
So I bow before you
I am overcome by the beauty of this perfect love


Now I am hidden
In the safety of your love
I trust your heart and your intentions
Trust you completely
I’m listening intently
You’ll guide me through these many shadows


Now I am hidden
In the safety of your love
I trust your heart and your intentions
Trust you completely
I’m listening intently
You’ll guide me through these many shadows

No comments: