Memories of Haiti

In my "on this day" popped up in my Facebook today and I was reminded that two years ago I left for Haiti! My girl Leah came "home" today.

I've had Haitian Chicken and Sauce on my brain lately and had it ready to make (which really means I have the ingredients and thawed the chicken) and I've been thinking and praying about Haiti a lot lately.  There is a trip in July lol

There is something about Haiti. I don't know what it is but my heart will always carry Haiti in my heart.

As I was making the chicken, I was thinking about the children at the orphanage. I was thinking about the time when sweet maxtelena thought it was hilarious that my name in Haiti (they don't say "r") sounds like the greatest flavoring ever - Maggi. I thought about Superstar Fally and his fantastic basketball skills and sweet Adonis who would smile the greatest smile and we'd hug as we both would cry at the thought of my leaving. We'd play dominoes until... we couldn't play any longer. Oh sweet Ruth and sassy woodla. How does your heart ever recover from such a love?

Man, I'm so thankful for my times in Haiti and I pray that God makes a way for me to go again... soon

Comments