Thankful

On hard days I'm most thankful.

That sounds ridiculous but it's true. On hard days I cling to people who love me, I focus on God's faithfulness, His goodness, and every blessing around me.

I know that on hard days God is stretching me, working in me and making me better.

On hard days its easy for me to be thankful because I open my eyes wide to see it, I don't want to miss a thing, because it may just be the one thing that gets me through to the next moment.

Today I thought about how truly blessed I am. I have the greatest people in my life. Ones who give me flowers and cards that say "bloom where you're planted" and people who pray and laugh, people who say "be strong, be brave".

Today while at dinner listening to my daughter talk and tell me about how she stood up for what she believed in, I thought "the hardest days were worth it this week to have this moment" or the walk with the dog.

At the end of this week, I'm thankful.

I'm thankful for grace, and mercy.
I'm thankful for friends and family.
I'm thankful for forgiveness
I'm really thankful that I'm able to serve and love others
I'm thankful for Jesus

Comments