The Ramblings of my heart and mind... Uganda


Read this the other day Neinas
I am less than 30 days away from my mission trip to Uganda and I wait in great… anxiousness. 
I also wait in great expectation!  I know the hope that is in Christ.  But I know that going on a mission trip to a foreign country is a great responsibility and it carries a heavy weight.  What God will do in me is probably much greater than what He will do through me.  I know I am small, and yet God still uses me.  And I am thankful.  I am happy to be the dot in the formation of a letter in His story.  I am that small.  And I like it that way.

About this time I start to wonder “what the heck did you sign up for?”  It happens before EVERY single trip I take whether it’s to see my friends in Colorado or Haiti or now… Uganda.  It’s a weird thing, I love to travel but it makes me nervous.  Planes crashing, people killing me, I watch too much criminal minds.   I think everyone has the potential to be a serial killer.  (welcome to the crazy that is inside my mind!).  I also know a whole bunch of tears are about to be poured out, my eyes will leak out allllll over Uganda!  (there is no shame in my crying game).  I know that God will grow me, and stretch me (did I mention I might have to give my testimony – I don’t really like speaking in front of people) and there will be moments of pain. 
And as I type all this… I will tell you… I can’t wait.  For it allllll...

I can’t wait (if we are allowed – the local church may do it) to give out Little Dresses for Africa!
I can’t wait to play dominoes with kids and adults!
I can’t wait to see the smiles of the people of Uganda
I can’t wait to see the growth in my teammates
I can’t wait to see lives changed for Christ!
I can’t wait to experience a culture I’ve only seen in pictures and heard about
I can’t wait to hear the voice of God
I can’t wait to worship the Creator of the universe
I can’t wait to see what God will do!
And I can’t wait for the things that I don’t even know about yet!


So yes, I wait in great anxiousness, and but I wait in great expectation!  I will have moments of quiet, when I can’t find the words, and moments when I won’t be able to shut up!  All my crazy will be contained, and moments that will be ALLLLLLLLLL over everything!

I will hug hard, smile big, and love fierce!

Comments