Feeling... better

I decided to get back to the land of the living yesterday afternoon. 

I thinned out my closets and it felt good. We spent the afternoon poolside with family, talking about Uganda and thankfully talking about anything but Uganda. 

Today it was work back to normal, a really long day eating lunch at my desk (which is normal), conference calls on my way home and even one while I made dinner.  After I made a really amazing dinner (for real, it was really great) we straightened the garage, had a little bonfire to get rid of some of the small twigs that were in a box in the garage, then filled my bike tires and took a spin around the neighborhood. And then a little while later we took Cookie for a walk. 

As I sit on my porch feeling like I am able to breathe again, I realized how good it was for me to write some things out that I was stuffing. 

I'm thankful. 

I'm thankful for people who reached out to me, who didn't make me talk if I didn't want to or couldn't. 

Sometimes it's all just too much for this girl. I just need real life.


Thanks for your prayers and your love, it's carrying me through. 

Comments