His provision


I always learn a lot of lessons when I go on these trips.  I know that when I am there I do good, I hope that in the moments when I am there I am used by God.  I also know that God shows up and writes lessons on my heart.
 
We went to a refugee camp one of the days we were in Uganda. We took what was left of the dresses, skirts, shorts, and Sani panties.

I looked at the amount of kids, I looked at the amount of items we had, and I thought this is never going to work. There isn't enough. Now if you know me, you know I was panicking. We need more. Instead of worrying about it, I prayed with the team that was with me. "The moon team" (a story for another blog). "God You know I'm freaking out, please let there be enough for all the children who are here, please make fishes and loaves of these clothes".

There was 174 dresses/skirts, 87 shorts, and a ton of Sani panties. 

Not every child was sent in, but the line never seemed to end. All the girls that were 9 and above got Sani panties AND a skirt (which was not my plan- my plan was only Sani panties).

Somehow when we left, there were leftovers. Not just one or two but piles of left over clothes. In my minds eye I could not figure out how that could happen. But i know I prayed! And I know God answered. 

His provision is enough.

It's more than enough.

Comments