Home soon

Yesterday was our last day of "mission" today we are going to church and I'm excited! I love church. 

As our days wind down to go home (which 16 hours on a plane does not sound fun! And it won't be) people start to talk about what they are looking forward to when they go home.

I have arranged to have an iced tea in the fridge when I get home and my niece is making me my favorite donuts. But besides the bathtub there no "thing" im looking forward to. I'd love to cook a meal, but all I'm really looking forward to is hugging people I love. 

Mission trips make me remember what's important. It's not my fancy car or any one thing I possess, I can actually see why people sell their possessions and give to the poor, because things don't matter.

People are important. I'm looking forward to working in the city, loving people, loving those in my community.

I'll cry a million tears I'm sure, because I've cried a million but I know that I've got lots bottled up.

What am I most looking forward to?

The people I love most!

Be prepared to be hugged. Hard.


Comments