Joy in balloons!

 

These might look like just a bag of balloons to you but to me, they are PURE JOY!  There are so many things that I have on my list of things I like to bring with me on a mission trip. They fit sneakily in your pocket, and they can bring hours of fun!  And yes, I know sometimes they pop!

I've seen kids blow them up and hit them for hours, I've seen them play volleyball, or blow them up and make funny noises as the air expels.  I've seen them filled with rocks to make musical instruments. 

I can close my eyes and remember when Maxtalena was sick in my arms with a fever, it was Haiti, and it was hot, but she needed someone to love her, and who am I to pass that blessing up?   HA!  When her fever broke, she sprung up like a rocket!  She played and played and played with a red balloon, she'd throw her head back and laugh from the bottom of her belly!

I'm so thankful for my friend who purchased these for my trip! The laughter and love and joy will carry on in my heart forever.

I'm so thankful for all the ways God provided today!  I can see His hand all over my life!

Comments